The objective of the National Film Centre is to implement national policy in the cinema and film industry and to administer the funds from the State budget intended for the film industry.
The National Film Centre’s main functions are as follows:
– to administer the funds from the State budget intended for the cinema and film industry;
– to promote the sustainable development and competitiveness of Latvia’s cinema and film industry;
– to promote the creation of films, as well as the availability and distribution of audiovisual heritage in Latvia and around the world;
– to co-ordinate the participation of the Latvian cinema and film industry in European support programmes in the audio-visual field;
– to register film producers;
– to supervise the fulfilment of the provisions for the classification of films;
– to perform other functions specified in regulatory enactments applicable to the field of cinema.